Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shapings: Thoughts About Men In Hosiery

Shapings sells hosiery for men, so you might be able to guess what their views are on men in hosiery. You would be right, but for more details, you will have to read the next portion of the interview in the rest of my post.

What was it like for you, when you first discovered men wearing hosiery in public with shorts? How did you feel about it?

This is a tough question to answer. Men wearing is not something that I am exposed to in the area which I live and work. Men wearing hosiery is not something that I see. Although I have had a few clients come into my store wearing, I had no reaction because I was already educated in male wearing of hosiery through our online business. Being exposed to the wonderful world of hosiery for many years through our online business, it is just a normal occurrence for me, so when I do see it, no reaction from me and when I saw it for the first time, I had no reaction.

Do you see men wearing shorts and hosiery, in real life, who don't come into your store?

No, can't say that I have, I do look, though, when I see a man in shorts and notice that his legs look very nice. I also take notice of the men who 'should' be wearing hosiery with shorts because of how awful they're legs looks.

What was it like for you, when you first discovered men wearing hosiery in public with shorts? How did you feel about it?

This is a tough question to answer. It is not something that I am exposed to in my area. Having been exposed to the wonderful world of hosiery for many years, it is just a normal occurrence, so no reaction from me when I saw it for the first time.

Do you get a lot of men buying hosiery?

Yes, we do.

Do you see men wearing shorts and hosiery, in real life, who don't come into your store?

Yes, I have had some clients. I do look, though, when I see a man in shorts and notice that his legs look very nice. I also take notice of the men who 'should' be wearing hosiery with shorts because of how awful they're legs looks.

Many women are in relationships with men who wear hosiery. The women don't want to break up the relationships, but they don't want their men to wear hosiery. What advice do you offer to those women? What advice do you offer to those men?

Well, I'm not a psychologist, but my advice to the women is take a look inside yourself and determine is it really that he wants to wear hose the thing that bothers you? or is it that you're afraid of what other people might think? Look deep within and determine if it's your own self confidence that you're questioning. Is it how you would feel if people discovered this 'secret'. Are you concerned that the social stigma of men wearing pantyhose will question his sexuality? Or is it you feel something you are lacking that isn't enough for him and that is why he is turning to a socially labelled woman's article of clothing for comfort? If you ask yourself the real reason why it bothers you that he wears hose in public or hosiery at any time and go from there to really try to figure out how you can come to peace with something that will not just disappear quietly as you may hope. Once you determine why it bothers you maybe together you can deal with acceptance and how to move forward.

To the men, just be patient and know that she does love you or she would have walked! For those who have had women break up with you over wearing pantyhose, then how much love was there really between you? Find someone who will appreciate you for who you are. Wearing pantyhose is not a crime. Although some will admit it's an addiction, it's not one that will hurt anyone like a drug or alcohol addiction. Remember also, that pantyhose were, back a few centuries ago, a gentleman's garment. Back then, they compared how tight their tights were. The tighter the tights the more pristine the wearer. Similar to these days men comparing their Rolex watches.

What advice do you offer to men for bringing this fashion into the mainstream heterosexual man's wardrobe?

Keep up the good work!

Are there certain styles of hosiery that are too feminine for men? Be honest. :^)

Patterned tights that have a feminine styling (eg. flowers or swarovkis crystals) or hosiery that have a predominant shine to them.

Are there certain colours of hosiery that are too feminine for men? Be honest. :^)

Pastels, I think are too feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment