Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hosiery Subscriptions

A while ago, I read about a company that mails out hosiery. Read the remainder of the blog, for my thoughts on the company, and a listing of the brands that they offer.

Many of us know about companies like Silkies [not Silks] [other countries], which offer to mail you their own brands. Those services and products are great.

All of us are aware of other companies out there, which offer to mail you products of other companies.

I think that Hoseanna.com is unique in that they are a hybrid: they offer a subscription service of other brands, or just a simple order.

According to the web site, they offer these brands, and you can suggest others.

  • b.ella
  • Berkshire
  • Bootights
  • DKNY
  • Foot Traffic
  • Hanes
  • Hue
  • Pretty Polly

I tried to join their web site to see what it looked like from a member's point of view, but it would not work easily for me, because I had to place an order. They did allow me to buy on a case by case basis, but I was hoping that they would let me select which products I liked best, first, and then set the subsciption for each. I was basically comparing them to Zip.ca, which is a DVD rental service. I like Zip.ca, because their service is so easy to use, whether we rent or buy. Although we will never rent any hosiery, I think that Hoseanna.com's web site could be just as easy to use. I think that a comparable way of thinking about it is to allow us to bookmark products or create wish lists. From there, customers can create subscriptions or 1 time orders.

That being said, I am very tempted to create a web site where I can sell Canadian brands to Canada and other countries.

What about you? Have you used Hoseanna.com before? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment