Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Surveyed Businesses On Commercial Dr About Hosiery And Shorts In The Work Place

It was more exciting than what I expected. Read the remainder of my blog entry for the details.

On Friday, and Sunday, I managed to ask a lot of managers, and a couple of assistant managers about their dress code.

Overall, the people were really supportive. There were a couple of people who seemed cold to the idea, but I got quite a few businesses saying that they would not mind their employees wearing hosiery and shorts.

1 worker, and her customer, both expressed interest in helping to advocate for the cause. I was greatly encouraged by them. Hopefully, they will connect with me here, in the blog. The worker suggested that I start a Facebook page, and have a business card. When I told her that I did not have 1, she said, "You have to have 1, because you're too unique to not have 1.", or something like that, and the customer agreed.

So far, I learned that if we have an interest in working at a certain place, we just have to ask before we apply, "For the dress code, are we allowed to wear hosiery and shorts in a business formal or business casual way?". I suppose that we could be a bit more technical and say, "For the dress code, are we allowed to wear hosiery and shorts in a professional way?"

I intend to do some phoning, because I missed a lot of the stores, which were closed. After I go through them all, I intend to publish the survey results and post them in this blog, or post them on a web site.

What a great day.

3 comments:

  1. This will be interesting to hear about, can't wait to see what you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is very interesting indeed. Great job, Eugene. Very few would have courage to just go out and ask for an opinion on hosiery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both of you. I'm encouraged with your feedback. :^)

    ReplyDelete