During Friday evening, I finished off the third pair, since I was going to do laundry, and since the project was fresh in my mind.
This time around, it was an air force blue pair of shorts. I bought a blue pair of pants to hem into shorts, because I wanted some blue clothing to wear with my blue hosiery. My blue hosiery collection needs more attention.
For those of you just joining us, you can read about my experience with the second pair. The rest of my post tells you more about the sewing aspect.
The side seams were easy to work with, and as a result, everything folded beautifully.
In hindsight, I think that I used the wrong colour for the outer thread: black. I think that I was so hasty that I forgot to think.
No matter, though, because this is a casual pair of shorts, and I do not want to put too much effort into it. I have comfortably worn those grubby grey shorts, without any inhibitions, so I doubt that this will be a problem.
After hemming the shorts, I realized that I needed a way to ensure that the side seams do not become undone over time, so I had to wiggle and twist the hems to make it easy for the machine to sew the side seams shut, while keeping the threads on the inside of the pants. I am always learning lessons the hard way. :^D
I will try to take a photo, and then upload it to my Lookbook.nu profile.
This brings us to 3 completed pairs of casual shorts, and 2 pairs of dress shorts to create. I also want to make shorts out of a pair of cargo pants, that are too short for me.
Every now and then, I will work on them a little, but for the most part, I am finished for the next week or so, since I have big projects to do.
Thank you for reading!