Thursday, July 5, 2012

Went Out In Sheers

It has been so long since I wore sheers. Yesterday, I wore sheers that had a beautiful shine. The sun reflected on it, and made me feel proud.

I was a bit hesitant at first, but it seemed like the right thing to do. I have spent so much time wearing opaques, that I feel that I have lost sight of the goal. If I wear opaques, then people will think that I am wearing athletic wear. The athletic style should be good for people who are pressured to not wear hosiery. It would come across as being casual and athletic. With sheers, we could have the same, but sheers would break down boundaries more.

Also, as I walked, I looked at my legs, and enjoyed the shine. It had such distinct line. The rest of the fabric shined as well, but it seemed almost matte in comparison. I will write another blog post to properly define it, since I have never heard anybody speak about the shiny line.

Do any of you insist on wearing only opaques?

Thank you for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I like wearing both, opaques and the thinner ones. My rule is : the darker, the thicker the hose. And that always works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I exclusively wear sheers to avoid drawing too much attention to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever thought of wearing opaque hosiery as a form of athletic wear?

      Delete
  3. I think sheers draw a lot more attention. Men can instantly notice when a woman is wearing sheer pantyhose. Opaque tights are subtle and can pass for sports leggings/tights and most people won't make a big deal of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. Wearing opaques is easier to see from almost any distance, but we would be hiding in plain site.

      Delete