Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Experiences In The Department Store While Gathering Prices And Codes

This past Saturday, I went to The Bay, in downtown Vancouver, to gather information for hosiery to sell on the internet.

There was a mother there, who brought her daughter and son. It was interesting to hear her talk to them. They were bored, and 1 of the funniest things that she said was, Look! Pantyhose! And it's not even opened.. I chuckled quietly and looked at her. When she looked back, I think that she was creeped out. I think that she did not quite understand what I was even doing there. It is situations like this that constantly remind me of how few people know about men in hosiery. We have to keep pushing on.

On a more positive note, a lady who worked there recognized me from before. It was neat to have a friendly, Hi.. I think that this is a sign that we are making progress.

2 comments:

  1. She wasn't creeped out because you were a man in the women's hosiery dept., it was most likely because you were an Oriental man. You were probably pushing TWO social boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I never thought about that. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete