Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Brother Respects Me More

We talked a bit more about the issue. Read the remainder of the blog entry for the details.

Up until the beginning of the conversation, he still struggled with how I used to wear my mom's hosiery, and the fetishy aspect. He also struggled with the idea of men wearing sheer hosiery. For quite some time, he had been talking about the whole concept with people and he felt that all the people were uncomfortable about it, and that most probably wondered if I was gay.

After explaining to him the whole idea of pushing a trend, and how the past does not make a difference, I believe that he has greater respect for me and this cause.

This whole recent thing started when I asked to interview a couple of friends of his for a book that I am writing. It is a book about life and perspectives, and has nothing to do with hosiery. Somehow, he felt that the interview topic was connected to me wearing hosiery.

After telling him about the success of surveying the businesses, and about the idea of doing this to try to push a trend, he ended up supporting the cause a bit. Also, I challenged him on his trendy clothing that he wore, because many of the reasons that he could wear the things that he wore were justifications that we could use. We talked a bit about a lot of things that related to pushing societal norms.

I think that the 2 main things that changed him were the idea that I might have Asperger's Syndrome, and the idea that I am pushing a trend, to see if I can change society. I felt that I managed to portray myself and the cause professionally, which is what he needed.

Right now, he will wait to see what happens with the survey results.

Also, he is interested in how people will react, if I survey them while I wear pants, as if I have no interest in the cause. I think that that should be interesting, and I intend to do it. However, the problem with not wearing hosiery in front of these people, is that they may never get a chance to see what a guy in hosiery and shorts looks like, and it is difficult for them to respond properly.

I will let you know how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment