Monday, May 2, 2011

Girls Called Me A Tranny Because Of My Tights

Read the remainder of the blog entry for the details, and my thoughts.

I went out on Saturday, to run a bunch of errands. When I got on the bus, I heard a young female voice say something like, Oh my God. I'm scarred.. I was pretty sure that I knew where it came from, and what she was talking about, but I decided to ignore it. I sat down in the back portion, but not the very back row.

At the very back row, were a small group of young women, probably in their mid 20s. 1 of them was listening to music without head phones, or ear phones, which is not allowed. The conversation went something like this.

Would you turn down the music, please?, I said.

She said, Why? Is it bothering you?.

Yes, it is. You are not allowed to play your music without ear phones.. It honestly was bothering me. Most people, who play their music out loud, play annoying heavy music. She eventually turned it off.

Her friend said, You should take off your tights. They're bothering me., and laughed. Her friends all laughed, and she said it over and over again.

Later, when I changed seats to get out of the sun, the worst teaser said, Are you crying?. I was not, and I explained myself.

That was weird, because she said something like, Oh.. I really spent a lot of time trying to figure out why she would even bother asking. Would it not be better to just tease me even more? It is almost as if she showed genuine concern.

At the end of it, she teased me more, as she got off of the bus with the rest of the girls.

As her friend walked past me, I thanked her for turning the music off. As bad as the insulting is, I realize that it is very hard to get people to shut their music off, so we should be really thankful for their cooperation. Also, when people listen to music out loud, they ruin the entire trip, whereas, when they insult us, they tend to insult us only for a few minutes. Obviously, your transit systems might be different.

I would love to read your experiences. Women are welcome to comment, but I could not imagine you dealing with the same problems. ;^p ;^D

That being said, I am very grateful for all of the support that you have all offered.

2 comments:

  1. You are very courageous is all I can say. I admire you more and more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate the vote of confidence. I was actually considering whether or not I would continue on today, because of the hassle of hair removal, and coordinating the clothing.

    I'll keep at it.

    ReplyDelete