Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday To This Blog!

My blog turns 1 year old today! You can take a look at the first post, if you would like. I thought that it would be fun to brag about some of the milestones that I have achieved. If you think that it would be fun to read about the achievements, then read the remainder of the blog entry. :^)

  • I managed to get my daily visitor count up to over 30/day for several days. The longest stretch was 48 days long, from Dec. 17, 2010, to Feb. 2, 2011. The second longest stretch was 43 days long, from Feb. 4, 2011 to Mar. 18, 2011. I have never managed to reach another 30 day stretch, with 30 or more visitors. I think that a lot of visitors during those 2 stretches came from my Craig's List ads. I think that my Craig's List ads expired around Mar. 18.
  • I started trying to post regularly on Aug. 3, 2010, but never got into the habit of daily posting until Aug. 21, 2010.
  • There are currently 256 comments. Almost half of them are mine, because I try to respond to each comment. Thank you very much for your participation. Some were deleted, because they appeared to be spam.
  • The first comment was made on June 16, 2010.
  • Google Analytics recorded the first visitor, from London, UK, who was a referral from Icon Factory, on June 4, 2010. The visitor landed on my home page, and probably saw something like this. Interesting: I checked the site, and there is no link to my blog.
  • Google Analytics recorded 11,809 visitors, and 31,080 page views.
  • The most visitors that I have ever had in 1 day was 119. They were mostly from LAUF. There were 465 page views.
  • So far, the most popular topic seems to be, Is She Wearing?, and blog entries with photos.
  • This past year brought in $93.67 USD in ad revenue, from this blog and my main non-hosiery blog.
  • I spoke to many people about our issue.
  • I got 2 libraries to buy 3 copies of my book.
  • My extended family knows. They are much more supportive.

This upcoming year promises to be interesting. I am almost finished setting up my 2 e-commerce stores. I hope to create a logo to represent myself. I hope to create a nice banner for each store. Hopefully, we will make that group purchase. I also hope to finish that survey, while I have the chance.

Any questions or comments?

2 comments: