Friday, December 23, 2011

Pantyhose Party Interview Will Not Happen

Pantyhose Party ended up answering most of the questions, that I had sent him. Unfortunately, he felt offended by my recent emails to him, and ordered me to no longer post the interview.

I do not like to air out private discussions, but I find that sometimes the public needs to know certain things. I think that he is a strange person that people must avoid for now. Here are the last few emails that we sent to each other, so that you can decide for yourself.

Pantyhose Party

Here you go, sorry to have kept you waiting. Please provide some click-through links for my blogs somewhere along with the interview. They're on my signature. Thanks for this opportunity!

Hosiery Advocate

How old are you?

You never told me which country you come from. Are you trying to keep that private?

Pantyhose Party

Yes, I'm not really that interested in speaking about personal details. Thanks!

Hosiery Advocate

Part of the reason for the interview is to get to know the person behind the web site. It's not like we need your name or anything.

You never told us if you wear, where you live, your age, or how you intend to get everybody to actually wear hosiery. These are all the main reason people come to my blog. Just reposting photos that you never made is not a big enough reason to justify a full interview.

I'll think about whether or not to post the interview. I'll probably mention something, though. It might be worth a discussion.

Pantyhose Party

I'm not really enjoying your attitude now and I didn't really like your response to the e-mail I sent before so I think it's better if you don't post anything at all. I'm sorry to have wasted my time answering your questions. You're rude and pretentious and I don't really care about being featured on the blog of someone who behaves like a complete asshole.

Hosiery Advocate

I won't post the interview, but I will mention to the readers that there will be no interview and why. They were expecting an interview from you and deserve to know.

Secondly, if you are not enjoying my attitude, and if you didn't like my response before, and if you think that I'm being rude, then you misunderstood me. Perhaps English isn't your first language? You gave me no clue about how you felt. I wasn't sure if you were being playful or not. At first, when I read your answers, I thought that you were being playful.

Third, if you insist that I'm being pretentious, then you really do misunderstand me. I'm not pretending to be anything. I'm just trying to treat my blog as if it were a professional magazine. In other words, I just want to practise journalism. I'm not a professional journalist, but I am trying to incorporate as many of the practises as possible.

Perhaps you never read my previous interviews, but the interview questions that you got were mostly the same as the interview questions that they got. You didn't have to answer every single question, obviously, but these are pretty generic questions, that still allow you to protect your privacy.

What do you think? Was I rude? The whole point of the interview was to understand how the project was supposed to work, but he did not give me any serious information.

Another thing that I want to warn you about is his willingness to send you announcements, even though you never asked for them. He considers you to be a friend, even though you might not have contacted each other very much.

The end. Thank you for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Hmm perhaps I felt this part...

    "You never told us if you wear, where you live, your age, or how you intend to get everybody to actually wear hosiery. These are all the main reason people come to my blog. Just reposting photos that you never made is not a big enough reason to justify a full interview."

    ...it made him feel uncomfortable, perhaps he might have had bad experiences before with the same kind of questions asked. And also it is hard to project a polite tone with words also. I feel the words were a little too strong for him. Having words like "Never" set off his 'rudeness' alarm off. Personally for me I would have felt quite awkward too. But however don't be too troubled about this my friend, we all learn from mistakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ability to see it from his perspective is helpful. Thanks for the feedback. I really don't want to offend people, so I'll try to avoid using "never".

    That being said, how would you get the information out of him, without being rude? The whole point of the interview was to get those kinds of answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm you could try it like this..

    "Part of the reason for the interview is to get to know the person behind the web site. We would like to know more about you, like if you actually do wear pantyhose yourself and where do you reside and how old are you. It would be really nice if you could fill us up on more information if you want to! Thanks! :)"

    My reasons to not include what you have wrote was because I felt it wasn't very nice to write so. :) The reason why I use a smiley is to show someone that I am putting up a "smile" It's a psychological thing. I mean eg. "How are you?" vs "How are you? :)" Which one do you think would be nicer to read with? :) I hope I was able to help you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright. It's a bit late to learn that lesson, but I'll try it when a similar situation arises. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's okay! It's not really too late, perhaps you could email him an apology. :) Also it is good that you have made the choice to change! That is what matters the most mate! :)

    ReplyDelete