Saturday, December 31, 2011

Secret Comfy Top [Waistband free] Hosiery Available At Safeway And Shoppers Drug Mart

I checked the local Safeway at 74 Ave & Scott Rd, in Surrey, and I also checked out the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart. It turns out that they both have Secret Comfy Top, but each store has different style numbers. For a while, I wondered if the manufacturer just changed the style number, the packaging, and the fabric, hoping to keep everything else the same. It turns out that I was wrong. Here are the details.

Safeway sells style #5530, only in black. They have sizes B, C, and D. The manufacturer does not make size A. The package that I have came from The Bay, if I recall correctly, and it shows the regular price was $8.95. I would need to check Safeway again, for an updated price. It contains 92% nylon, and 8% elastane.

Shoppers Drug Mart sells style #78123, also only in black, also in sizes B, C, and D. Again, the manufacturer does not make size A. Style #78123 costs $9.99. It contains 91% nylon, and 9% elastane.

The final bit of evidence is the UPC codes. My package of style #5530 black size C has its UPC code mostly covered, but it seems to be different than style #78123 black size C's UPC code.

I will get back to you on an updated price from Safeway.

Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. im looking for the black secret comfy top tights here in Montreal, canada. i used to buy them in walmart but now they have dissapeared!! i tried sears, the bay etc. can i buy them online? are they discontinued?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that you can buy them online. Secret is only sold to large companies, and none of the large companies seem to want to sell that particular style online. Don't quote me on that, though.

      I sell Silks waistless hosiery. If you'd like, I can send you the link.

      Another option is that you let me know what you want to buy, and then I will send you a PayPal link. You pay there, and then I order Secret Comfy Top from the local grocery store. You'd have to pay a bit extra for my time, because I'm only allowed to buy them at the regular retail price like you.

      Delete