Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pretty Polly Fleecy Available At Shoppers Drug Mart

Do you remember me mentioning that I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and saw Pretty Polly hosiery? I went there again, yesterday, to confirm the style that I saw. They have a few fashion styles, but the plain-looking opaques are definitely Fleecy Tights.

Weighing in at 200 deniers, with the fleece on the inside and not the outside, I would say that this is a new trend that is worth embracing. The appearance in formal enough for special occasions and the texture is warm enough for the outdoors.

Have you tried them before? Let me know what you think?

Does anybody know whether or not it is matte or shimmery?

I plan to buy a pair in the future.

The end. Thank you for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Nice... will have to go check out the local Shoppers grab a pair. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Thanks for note! Let me know how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well 0/1 so far... happened to be driving up(south) fraser and stopped a new Shopper's near 28th. All they had was Secret, DIM, and some other brand I'm not familiar with... Allnude or something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Nothing? Weird.

    The Shoppers Drug Mart that I went to was in downtown Vancouver, on the northeast side of Dunsmuir and Granville. It is a modern Shoppers Drug Mart, so maybe they are getting new stock, while the older shops are still getting the older stock.

    If you want, maybe I can pick up a pair for you, then meet up, and then have you pay for it. The only problem is that you might decide to not show up. Somebody did that to me once, and I ended up with a pair that would not fit me. I was not too happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the Shoppers I went to is relatively new, as it only completed construction sometime earlier this year. I did some reading last night about the Allude brand... apparently its Shoppers house brand and I found only scathing reports of how 'shitty' the quality was. I popped in a second Shoppers last night and struck out as well. I'll see if I can hit up the downtown one this weekend otherwise may have to take you up on the offer of buying 'em for me. As for size... something tells me we're about the same. (Usually B or whatever one up from smallest is)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright got there on Saturday... almost thought I struck out again but then finally noticed the Pretty Polly section. I was almost disappointed at first sight as I could only see various fishnet type tights... fortunately I found one last remaining pair of the fleecy ones... and in my size.

    I have to say I'm very impressed with them. I want to find more as they will be a great addition to my base layers while snowboarding or simply for those extra cold day/nights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet!

    Why don't you tell me your size? I can check it for you about once per week. I can also check the local Shoppers Drug Marts.

    ReplyDelete